Celebrate a special birthday or other milestone with a climbing party at the Stronghold!
Your group will get to enjoy climbing with the help of our instructors, who will guide the group to fun challenges. We will provide space to enjoy whatever refreshments you'd like to bring in, (please let us know if you would like a list of nearby places for food pick-up and delivery). We'll provide all of the gear and instruction needed to climb the walls.
Setup - You can set up 15 minutes before your event is to begin. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes early.
Climber Check-in - Please have guests arrive 5 min early to check-in and start getting gear.
Climbing! - Climbing and fun for the first 1.5 hours
Cake/ Refreshments* (optional) - 20 min after climbing
Check-out - Last 10 minutes
* Cake and refreshments are not provided and are optional. If you prefer to have more climbing time you can forgo having a party table area and can have your climbers climb till 10 min before the end of your time slot.
Party timeline example:If your party is booked from 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, then:
Setup - 10:45 AM
Check-in - 10:55 AM
Climbing - 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Cake / Refreshments - 12:30 PM - 12:50 PM
Check-out - 12:50 PM - 1:00 PM
- There is no charge for non-climbers.
- A $100 deposit is taken to book an event. The balance will be taken on the day of the event.
Notes for the Party Host
- A personalized waiver party link will be sent to you with your booking confirmation. Please have all participants use this link for filling out their waiver so they are attached to your party. The parents/guardians of all climbers under age 18 will need to fill out a waiver on their children’s behalf before the party starts. If a waiver was completed for a previous visit to the gym, it is not necessary to complete the waiver again.
- Party participants do not use the bouldering area or fitness area. This policy is aimed at minimizing risk for both party participants and our other members and guests.
- So that we may ensure sufficient belay staff for the event, please let us know any changes in the number of climbers at least one week before the event. If there is less than one week before the event, still let us know any changes, and we will try our best to add belayers as needed, (though with very little notice, this might be impossible).
- Any additional unexpected climbers added to the event within 72 hours of your reservation will be charged at a rate of $60/climber.
- If parents or other party spectators are inspired to try climbing the day of the event, we encourage them to get a day pass to the gym (as opposed to joining the party, which would change the belay staff to climber ratio). They can then use the auto-belays, boulder, use the fitness area, etc.